Open Closed

The value '—' is not valid #630


User avatar
0
robb created

MVC v3.3.2

I added a new entity with a one-to-many relationship. Even with no data, when I try to load the UI grid, I get this:

Your request is not valid! The following errors were detected during validation.

  • The value '—' is not valid for XXXXXId.

Even with good data (i.e. none of the rows have a null XXXXXId, I get the same error.

Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

7 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    hi @robb@designitcorp.ca

    Can you share the steps to reproduce the problem or provide a project? liming.ma@volosoft.com

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    alper created
    Support Team Director

    can you double check that you are running on 3.3.2. this was an old issue and must be fixed in 3.3.2

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    alper created
    Support Team Director

    this character is in these templates: createjs_DropdownFunctions.txt , editjs_DropdownFunctions.txt and Indexjs_NavigationPropertyDropdownOpenEditModalArgs.txt.

    When I check it in v3.3.2 (Suite) I don't see the dash char.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    robb created

    We are definitely in v3.3.2

    But sorry, I don't know where to find these TXT files you are referring to. I have grepped the solution folder and there are no *.TXT files.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    alper created
    Support Team Director

    I suggest you to delete all bin & obj folders (close visual studio before) because sometimes 3.3.0 files remain in the bin folders

    what I say, you can search the texts in the Suite templates, see

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    robb created

    OK yes, we are on 3.3.2 (CLI, Suite, and Solution), and yes the bin and obj have been cleared, and yes the character does appear in 2 templates, and yes the problem is still occurring.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    alper created
    Support Team Director

    to fix this, you can update the following templates:

    editcshtml_cs_LookupDropdownProperty.txt

            public List<SelectListItem> %%np-entity-name%%LookupList { get; set; } = new List<SelectListItem>
            {
                new SelectListItem(string.Empty, %%np-entity-type-as-empty%%)
            };
    

    Index.cshtml_cs.FilterDefinitionNavigationPropertyList.txt

            public List<SelectListItem> %%np-entity-name%%LookupList { get; set; } = new List<SelectListItem>
            {
                new SelectListItem(string.Empty, %%np-entity-type-as-empty%%)
            };
    

    PS: this will be fixed in the next version.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on September 28, 2026, 11:44
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.