Open Closed

Cannot add Navigation Property for IdentityUser #3618


User avatar
0
BradAdler created

ABP Framework version: v5.3.3 UI type: Blazor DB provider: EF Core Tiered (MVC) or Identity Server Separated (Angular): yes / no Exception message and stack trace: No message Steps to reproduce the issue:"

  1. Need to link the IdentityUser (AbpUsers) to an App{TableName}
  2. Used Abp Studio, Define a navigation property, see screen shot below.
  3. Note how the Collection Name field is blank. When this field is selected it only shows a list of App(TableName} tables, none of the Abp tables.
  4. Questions:
    1. What to do to show the App tables in the Collection Name field?
    2. Is this the correct approach or is there a different way of approaching this?

Note: Followed this approach: https://alexbierhaus.medium.com/abp-io-navigation-property-for-identityuser-abpuser-218b15aa711c

Cheers Brad

Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

6 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    yekalkan created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    Hi @BradAdler,

    Collection names filed doesn't exist in v5.3.3.

    I guess you need to type Users in Collection name filed.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    1
    BradAdler created

    @ykalkan hi. Thanks for the suggestions.

    Regarding:

    1. Collection names filed doesn't exist in v5.3.3.: The screen shot clearly shows the Collection Names field in the **Advanced **tab of the Define a navigation property.
    2. I guess you need to type Users in Collection name filed.: I tried this and Save/Generate failed too.

    I have included another screen shot showing how the Collection Names lookup only displays the App{tables} when I expect it to show the Abp{tables}. Note that I have already created a navigation from this table to existing App{tables}, so this navigation to the Identity User is the second navigation.

    I did test this using a very simple project and it worked.

    1. Create a project
    2. Added a table: TestTable
    3. Created the navigation to the Users/IdentityUser
    • When creating the navigation the Collection Names lookup displayed the Abp{Tables} and was able to select the Users entity.
    1. Suite generation process succeeded
    • This is what the navigation properties shows now.
    • Note how the Collection Names field disappeared and the Collection Name=Users, like you suggested
    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    yekalkan created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    Hi @BradAdler,

    As i understand, you achieved the goal. Thank you fol the detailed explanation, that may be useful for other users.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    BradAdler created

    @yekalkan hi.No the goal was not achieved. The simple example I tested worked, as described above. The more complex solution that we trying to build did not work per the original post.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    yekalkan created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    @BradAdler

    Could you check the following question? That may help you.

    https://support.abp.io/QA/Questions/2954/Unable-To-Define-Many-To-Many-IdentityUser-Relationship

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    BradAdler created

    @yekalkan hi. The question won't work for me as:

    1. It uses coding when I am trying to work with the ABP suite
    2. It is a many-to-many relationship and need 1-to-many.

    I am going to try and replicate the problem using a simple project much like I did above (see 3 Sep 2022).

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on September 28, 2026, 11:44
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.