Open Closed

Angular datepicker error on crud generation #2198


User avatar
0
firecape created

I'm using the latest ABP RC1 framework (5.0.0-RC1, Angular, EF Core, Identity server separated). When creating a basic Angular crud UI page using ABP Suite with an entity that has a DateTime property, the datepicker errors out. I press New, and then click in the date field, no calendar or date picker even pops up...instead, I get the following message in the browser console:

core.js:6498 ERROR TypeError: componentFactory.create is not a function at ViewContainerRef.createComponent (vendor.js:51998) at NgbInputDatepicker.open (vendor.js:127660) at BookComponent_ng_template_80_Template_input_click_17_listener (src_app_books_book_book_module_ts.js:287) at executeListenerWithErrorHandling (vendor.js:44134) at wrapListenerIn_markDirtyAndPreventDefault (vendor.js:44172) at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (vendor.js:70774) at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (polyfills.js:11016) at Object.onInvokeTask (vendor.js:57486) at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (polyfills.js:11015) at Zone.runTask (polyfills.js:10788)

I tried this on a second, brand new 5.0.0-RC1 project, and same thing happens. I then downgraded Suite to the current 4.4.4 suite version, and everything works fine then. So it's only present on the RC, but I want to continue using RC, and not the 4.4.4. Thank you so much for your help,

Tim

Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

3 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    1
    Mehmet created

    Hello,

    The problem is related to @ng-bootstrap/ng-bootstrap package. We're working on this. You can follow this issue: https://github.com/abpframework/abp/issues/10743

    I'll notify you when the problem is resolved. Thanks!

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    Mehmet created

    Please see the comment below to fix problem temporarily: https://github.com/abpframework/abp/issues/10743#issuecomment-981394068

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    firecape created

    Awesome, thank you very much :) Tim

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on September 28, 2026, 11:44
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.