Open Closed

404 Page Errors when adding a new microservice to a Blazor Server Solution #2369


User avatar
0
thedatacrew created

ABP Framework version: v5.0.1 UI type: MVC / Blazor DB provider: EF Core Tiered (MVC) or Identity Server Separated (Angular): Blazor Server Microservices

Hi,

I have followed all the instructions to add a new Microservice like the ProductService in https://docs.abp.io/en/commercial/latest/startup-templates/microservice/add-microservice including adding all the DB Migrations for my new Entities.

However when I browse to the new pages I get a 404 error, the ProductService works fine. I'm at a loss to figure out what I'm missing, there are no errors in any of the logs.

Please could you help?

Regards

Toby

Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

8 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    gterdem created
    Senior .NET Developer

    Can you give more details about your problem?

    Do you develop ui inside of your microservice (like product service)? Does your Web application has reference of your new microservice .Web layer and DependsOn configuration?

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    thedatacrew created

    Yes,

    Everything is the same as the product service example and I followed the docs. I'm using Blazor Server not Web. I can support a remote session, or I can package up the demo and send it to you.

    Regards

    Toby

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    thedatacrew created

    I did a new solution, add an Order Service with a Table and it worked fine. I then followed the same process and added a further Service called ManagedEntityService with 2 tables and both of them report a 404 error when you click on the menus.

    Please could you take a look at this?

    Regards

    Toby.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    thedatacrew created

    Hi,

    Here is the link to the Microservice solution. -removed-

    Unzip and build as normal, run the DB migrator and it will set everything up and then execute run_tye.ps1

    Thanks

    Toby.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    1
    gterdem created
    Senior .NET Developer

    I will check it, please don't share your commercial applications with public link.

    Thank you.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    gterdem created
    Senior .NET Developer

    In your TestSample.ManagedEntityService.Blazor project;

    Check ManagedEntityServiceMenuContributor, you are passing /ManagedEntities as url for your Menus.ManagedEntityServiceMenus.ManagedEntities but your ManagedEntities.Razor has @page "/managed-entities"

    Either change /ManagedEntities in your menu contributor to /managed-entities or vice versa.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    thedatacrew created

    Thanks, I'll try that. Is this caused by the CRUD editor in template generation then and why single word services names work fine and are non-case sensitive?

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    gterdem created
    Senior .NET Developer

    Yes, it may be related with template generation. If you think there is a problem with template generation, please provide what you have entered in suit and what is generated wrong in which files.

    Thank you.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on October 05, 2026, 11:32
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.