0
geegee created
Upon following the instructions to install ABP Chat module, there are no contacts on the left panel to chat with as indicated in the documentation image.
- How do I chat with other users in the system? (I have registered multiple users in the system).
- Does the chat module use the Identity System users or its own user system?
- How do I get the chat module to use the users who are in the system/in the current tenant?
From the screenshot below you can see contacts section is empty.

If you're creating a bug/problem report, please include followings:
- ABP Framework version: v5.3.3
- UI type: MVC
- DB provider: EF Core
- Tiered (MVC) or Identity Server Separated (Angular): Microservice
- Exception message and stack trace:
- Steps to reproduce the issue:" Create new microservice project. Add Chat module to product service. Attempt to chat. \
Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
6 Answer(s)
-
0
HI
How do I chat with other users in the system? (I have registered multiple users in the system).
You can try to search for the user first.
Does the chat module use the Identity System users or its own user system?
It looks up users through the User module, but it is the Identtiy module that manages users.
How do I get the chat module to use the users who are in the system/in the current tenant?
It is under the current tenant by default,
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
