- ABP Framework version: v6.0.0-rc.4
- UI type: MVC
- DB provider: EF Core
- Tiered (MVC) or Identity Server Separated (Angular): no
Hello,
I extended IdentityUser with some properties. Since 6.0.0-rc.3, users can edit these properties themselves by navigating to My Account > Personal Information. While this might be helpful in some situations, in my setup it is critical that the user may NOT edit the properties (e.g. I use them to set special discount conditions).
Is this a bug or was this intentionally added? If the latter, it would have been great if this had been announced before, as this might be a critical change for some users like me. I only discovered it by accident.
We can hide properties by setting:
options.UI.OnTable.IsVisible = false; options.UI.OnEditForm.IsVisible = false; options.UI.OnCreateForm.IsVisible = false;
However this hides the properties in administrative User Management UI as well. I want the properties to be set only by administrative users. What can I do? It would be the best if we could set for every property whether the user can edit it himself.
Thanks and best Claus
5 Answer(s)
-
0
For a now extraProperties support only Angular projects. It will be implemented
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post) -
0
Hi @mahmut.gundogdu
I think you misunderstood me.
I'm using MVC and since 6.0.0-rc.3, the users of my application can change the ExtraProperties in their profile settings. I just want to disable this, as I'm using ExtraProperties that should be set only by administrators.
In Module Extensions Documentation there is also a sample where a User Type (Regular/ Moderator/ Superuser) is set by ExtraProperties. Of course we wouldn't want the user to set himself as Superuser ;-) I just implemented a similar logic.
Best regards Claus
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post) -
0
Btw. I think it's related this issue, therefore it seems to be a new feature, not bad at all, but there should be a possibility to disable it, since we might want the users to set their SocialSecurityNumber, but not their UserLevel, Department, Income,...
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post) -
0
https://github.com/abpframework/abp/issues/13999
If somebody else also struggles with this, it seems that it will be fixed in 6.0 final. Thanks.
Yes, we are planning to implement it in v6.0.
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)