Open Closed

how can I set and get data by using redis cache #4345


User avatar
0
ElifKaya created

Hello,

I used SignalR and I want to use redis as a backplane. But I don't want to use both together, so I didn't use like that.

I want to keep message in redis as separately, then I will control remove message from cache according to my condition. I mean, I configured redis option and tried to use redis cache with IDistributedCache. Is it possible, or how can I set and get data to redis cache?

Now, I can not see my message in redis but I could send message by using IDistributedCache.

Thanks

Check the docs before asking a question: https://docs.abp.io/en/commercial/latest/ Check the samples, to see the basic tasks: https://docs.abp.io/en/commercial/latest/samples/index The exact solution to your question may have been answered before, please use the search on the homepage.

If you're creating a bug/problem report, please include followings:

  • ABP Framework version: v5.3.3
  • UI type: MVC
  • DB provider: EF Core
  • Tiered (MVC) or Identity Server Separated (Angular): yes
  • Exception message and stack trace:
  • Steps to reproduce the issue:"
Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

5 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    hi

    I suggest you do this.

    but I could send message by using IDistributedCache.

    Can you share some code?

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    ElifKaya created

    hi

    I suggest you do this.

    but I could send message by using IDistributedCache.

    Can you share some code?

    I want to use redis cache with IDistributedCache. And I want to manage cache data to add, remove notification operation.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    I want to use redis cache with IDistributedCache.

    There will be no problem using Redis with IDistributedCache.

    And I want to manage cache data to add, remove notification operation.

    Redis as a backplane and use IDistributedCache to manage messages, I think there may be problems. This is not recommended.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    ElifKaya created

    I want to use redis cache with IDistributedCache.

    There will be no problem using Redis with IDistributedCache.

    And I want to manage cache data to add, remove notification operation.

    Redis as a backplane and use IDistributedCache to manage messages, I think there may be problems. This is not recommended.

    But, when I add to data to IDistributedCache, I can not see this data on Redis. So, How I can user redis with IDistributedCache. I configured redis according to abp document. Actually, this was my first question at the top of the page.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    hi

    When you directly or indirectly reference the AbpCachingStackExchangeRedisModule module, Redis is used by default.

    https://github.com/abpframework/abp/blob/dev/framework/src/Volo.Abp.Caching.StackExchangeRedis/Volo/Abp/Caching/StackExchangeRedis/AbpCachingStackExchangeRedisModule.cs#L21

    https://docs.abp.io/en/abp/latest/Redis-Cache#configuration

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on October 05, 2026, 11:32
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.