Open Closed

ABP Studio not stopping processes on Mac OS #8870


User avatar
0
rogercprops created
  • ABP Framework version: v9.0.4
  • ABP Studio version: 0.9.23
  • UI Type: N/A
  • Database System: EF Core
  • Tiered (for MVC) or Auth Server Separated (for Angular): Yes
  • Exception message and full stack trace: Port 44370 is in use. Please close the application that uses this port and try again.
  • Steps to reproduce the issue:

I submitted a response the to the community ABP Studio bugs support question but haven't seen a response.

We're using the microservices template and I'm running ABP Studio on a Macbook M1 with Mac OS Sequoia 15.3.1.

When I start the applications/services from Studio and then stop them they don't actually stop. So the next time I try to start them I get the message that the port is already in use. I've tried killing the processes on those ports but I see this message in the logs for a service when I try to restart it. Already closed: The AMQP operation was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Peer, code=320, text='CONNECTION_FORCED - broker forced connection closure with reason 'shutdown'', classId=0, methodId=0

The only work around I've found is to restart my Mac which if I do this multiple times a day it adds up to a lot of wasted time.

Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

3 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    berkansasmaz created
    Support Team .NET Developer

    Hi,

    I am opening an internal issue for this problem. First, we will test it and if there is really such a problem we will solve it. Sorry for the problem you are experiencing, as a workaround solution you can use the following command for projects that are not stopped by ABP Studio:

    pkill -f abp-studio

    If the pkill is not available I recommend installing it. See more: https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/proctools

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    rogercprops created

    I mistakenly uploaded the same image twice. Here's the screenshot showing the processes running in activity monitory:

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    berkansasmaz created
    Support Team .NET Developer

    Hi,

    Thank you for the useful information. There is probably a problem with the macOS. As a workaround, you can use the following command to turn them all stoped:

    pkill -f abp-studio

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on September 28, 2026, 11:44
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.