Open Closed

Does ABP v9.0 still support on .NET 8? #9307


User avatar
0
triet.nguyen created

Hi,

I would like to ask the ABP v9.0 still having backward-compatibility with .NET 8?

According to the Release Notes 9.0 (2024-11-19),

When read this note & we decide to stay on .NET 8 and migrate the ABP packages to v9.0.8. However, we've faced issues that the ABP packages only supports on .net9.0.

I do take a look on NuGet source, I see the Volo.Abp.AspNetCore also supports on .NET 9.0 only.

If the note is still valid, could you support us how to stay on .NET 8 while using ABP v9.0.8 packages?

Thank you!

Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

1 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    enisn created
    Support Team .NET Developer

    Hi,

    It seems it targets one single framework at the moment: https://github.com/abpframework/abp/blob/e9412912c6e4ec5ae1d26f9c4d83110390e5388d/framework/src/Volo.Abp.AspNetCore/Volo.Abp.AspNetCore.csproj#L7

    There might be transition version or temporary package, in the source code of that package, it seems it targets the .NET9.

    I'm refunding your ticket since the problem is on our side

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on September 28, 2026, 11:44
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.