If you're creating a bug/problem report, please include followings:
- ABP Framework version: 5.1.4
- UI type: Angular
- DB provider: EF Core
This problem seem to be back in 5.1.4
https://support.abp.io/QA/Questions/1662/More-than-one-DBContext-was-found
When following the instructions for
https://docs.abp.io/en/abp/latest/Tutorials/Todo/Index?UI=NG&DB=EF
(angular version)
you get:
More than one DbContext was found. Specify which one to use. Use the '-Context' parameter for PowerShell commands and the '--context' parameter for dotnet commands.
If you specify
Add-Migration Added_TodoItem -Context TodoAppDbContext
Migration is created but you still get an error:
Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostFactoryResolver+HostingListener+StopTheHostException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostFactoryResolver+HostingListener+StopTheHostException' was thrown. at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostFactoryResolver.HostingListener.OnNext(KeyValuePair2 value)
` at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticListener.Write(String name, Object value)
at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build()
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.WebApplicationBuilder.Build()
at TodoApp.Program.Main(String[] args) in *******\src\TodoApp\aspnet-core\src\TodoApp.HttpApi.Host\Program.cs:line 39
To undo this action, use Remove-Migration.``
(We are using Package Manage Console in VS)
6 Answer(s)
-
0
@EngincanV, can you test this situation with Package Manage Console in VS
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post) -
0
Seems like this tutorial has more problems with 5.1.4, even when using the code from here:
https://github.com/abpframework/abp-samples/tree/master/TodoApp.
like ng build didn't seem to work either
An unhandled exception occurred: ENOENT: no such file or directory, lstat '****\src\abp-samples-master\TodoApp\Angular-EfCore\angular\node_modules\bootstrap\dist\css\bootstrap.rtl.min.css'
Seems like it is based on Angular 11.1.4.
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post) -
0
Hi @improwise, I've just created an angular application and followed the steps that you've provided, but I didn't get any error and I could successfully create a migration even without specifying
-Contextparameter on Package Manager Console.And also I could successfully run the Angular side by following the documentation.
Did you upgrade your application to v5.1.4 and what is your ng version?
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post) -
0
Hi @improwise, I've just created an angular application and followed the steps that you've provided, but I didn't get any error and I could successfully create a migration even without specifying
-Contextparameter on Package Manager Console.And also I could successfully run the Angular side by following the documentation.
Did you upgrade your application to v5.1.4 and what is your ng version?
Not sure why but after having reinstalled Visual Studio, the migration problem seemed to go away. Still getting this though:
An error occurred while accessing the Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting services. Continuing without the application service provider. Error: Unable to build IHost
We never really bothered with angular for this sample, but it seems it is using Angular 11 in the samples so I guess it hasn't been updated in a while.
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post) -
0
Not sure why but after having reinstalled Visual Studio, the migration problem seemed to go away.
It's nice to hear the DB context problem is fixed.
We never really bothered with angular for this sample, but it seems it is using Angular 11 in the samples so I guess it hasn't been updated in a while.
Todo App sample is in the v5.0.0 right now, we try to keep our samples up to date and we usually update our samples after the stable releases. Thanks for your suggestion, we'll upgrade it asap.
Markdown supported.Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)