Open Closed

Various questions during my trial period #8033


User avatar
0
wingers created

Various questions from someone currently using trial license - may ask more as I explore - thank you

  1. I don't need / want to use Tenants or Editions, both of which appear under the Saas menu in Administration. I have already turned off mult tenancy, so how can I turn off or remove this features please?

  2. Similar question re OpenID, it is not something I knowingly need / want to use, so how can I remove it/

N.B. This is in a Application (Single Layer) template. I note if creating a Application (Layered) then you get option to check or uncheck Saas and OpenID etc, but for whatever reason with Application (Single Layer) you don't get a choice?

N.B. 2. I am using ABP Studio. I note looking at ABP CLI documentations there seems to be switches to not include saas, openid etc, but as above these don't appear in ABP Studio for single layer template

ABP Framework version: v8.3 UI Type: MVC Database System: EF Core (SQL Server) Tiered (for MVC) or Auth Server Separated (for Angular): no

Markdown supported.
Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)

20 Answer(s)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    tenancy, so how can I turn off or remove this features please?

    Remove the saas module from your solution.

    Similar question re OpenID, it is not something I knowingly need / want to use, so how can I remove it/

    What do you mean re OpenID ? OpenIddict?

    N.B. This is in a Application (Single Layer) template. I note if creating a Application (Layered) then you get option to check or uncheck Saas and OpenID etc, but for whatever reason with Application (Single Layer) you don't get a choice? N.B. 2. I am using ABP Studio. I note looking at ABP CLI documentations there seems to be switches to not include saas, openid etc, but as above these don't appear in ABP Studio for single layer template

    You can temporarily manually remove the modules you don't need, and we will support more templates in the future.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    Remove the saas module from your solution

    But how do I do this, as if just removing the NuGet package then I get multiple errors in the code. Do I have to manually go through code and remove it?

    What do you mean re OpenID ? OpenIddict?

    Yes that is what I meant

    You can temporarily manually remove the modules you don't need, and we will support more templates in the future.

    So are you saying that ABP Studio will eventually be improved so I can create project in first place without these modules included?

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    But how do I do this, as if just removing the NuGet package then I get multiple errors in the code. Do I have to manually go through code and remove it?

    1. Remove all nuget packages from csproj files.
    2. Remove all module references and namespaces from cs files .
    3. Recreate the ef core migrations.

    So are you saying that ABP Studio will eventually be improved so I can create project in first place without these modules included?

    Yes, Studio will introduce more features day by day.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    Thank you

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    : )

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    So are you saying that ABP Studio will eventually be improved so I can create project in first place without these modules included?

    Yes, Studio will introduce more features day by day.

    followup question to this - so how for now can I create a single layer application from studio or CLI without the modules I don't want e.g. saas, openiddict etc being added automatically? If I purchase ABP then I will go for a personal license, so application (single layer) is only project option I will have, so need to be able to test creating project without modules I don't want now. Removing the modules afterwards is messy and results in app not working etc

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    hi

    So are you saying that ABP Studio will eventually be improved so I can create project in first place without these modules included?

    Yes.

    but now you can only manually remove modules you don't need.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    but this just seems to cause multiple errors, unless I am doing it incorrectly - hence asking!

    I went into nuget package manager and remove all entries with openiddict in the name, then remove all code referencing them showing errors, then project fails to work as can't find login page!

    Makes it very difficult to test when limited options to build etc

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    hi

    You can upload your project to GitHub (private repo), I can help to remove the openiddict module. Please invite me to your repo. https://github.com/maliming

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    -1
    wingers created

    I would rather be able to create a project in first place WITHOUT it included. But that is not possible. And as you have just closed my other question about issues publishing and I can't even get that working. Let's just call it a day and I will go elsewhere. Not spending thousands of dollars for something which currently limits my options and where support simply closes a ticket

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    No problem, we offer a trial to let you evaluate everything before paying.

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    yes and during this trial I can't create a project without it containing modules I don't want - and although it works fine locally I can get it working once deployed - so trial not helping me here

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    Sorry about that. : )

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    hi

    So are you saying that ABP Studio will eventually be improved so I can create project in first place without these modules included?

    Yes.

    any idea when that might happen, even if in a pre-release version so I can test creating project without the bits I don't need? just want to ensure it will do all I need before I consider purchasing it and preferably before end of my trial. Studio or CLI should allow creation of project without modules being included you don't want., e.g. Saas, OpenIddict etc. Thank you

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    hi

    This may take a while, if you need it, you can share your project and I will do it manually for you. You can refer to my changes later. https://abp.io/support/questions/8033/Various-questions-during-my-trial-period#answer-3a15836b-7cc3-4378-4662-a734060005b9

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    Uploaded to Github private repo I think and invite sent - if you can remove both Saas and Openiddict from the project so I can see changes made

    Thank you

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    ok, I will update it soon

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    https://github.com/PCAssistSoftware/ABPTest/pull/1

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    wingers created

    Thank you, much appreciated :)

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
  • User Avatar
    0
    maliming created
    Support Team Fullstack Developer

    : )

    Markdown supported.
    Copy, paste, or drag & drop images and files (max 100 MB per file, 100 MB total per post)
Boost Your Development
ABP Live Training
Packages
See Trainings
Mastering ABP Framework Book
The Official Guide
Mastering
ABP Framework
Learn More
Mastering ABP Framework Book
Made with ❤️ on ABP v10.8.0-preview. Updated on October 05, 2026, 11:32
1
ABP Assistant
🔐 You need to be logged in to use the chatbot. Please log in first.